My idea of my portfolio project is a boxing movie opening. With intense focus on the main character training in the opening and voice overs of the past of his last fight establishing why this character is training so hard. The film will have focus on the punching bag rather than the character as the character is established through the inserts of the flashbacks.
My biggest inspiration for this is the Rocky Series and the Creed films. But in a way I’m taking ideas from many sports-drama films. The idea of Rocky was always interesting to me and I really enjoy the films so when this project was announced the first thing I thought of was a Rocky type boxing film and how would I want to do a a film opened for a film like Rocky. Then I was reminded that Creed was a newer version of Rocky.
I also decided though that I should look at other sports-drama movies to get an idea of what makes them successful so the films I thought of were Coach Carter, F1, and The Blind side, as these were all films I have seen and enjoyed. Most of them do the same thing, they establish the main character without really establishing him like in F1 we do see the main character and get a glimpse of what he is like but we don’t really know the main character all we see really is him racing and also acting like he is better than others.
No comments:
Post a Comment