Sunday, February 8, 2026

Portfolio Post: Media theory

     For this blog post I wanted to talk about a media theory I want to try to incorporate into my film opening. The media theory I want to try to incorporate is active audience theory by Stuart Hall.

    Active audience thoery argues that "media audiences do not recieve information passively but are actively involved," - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_audience_theory. Essentially audiences make sense of whaty they are seeing through personal experience and do not always see the exact intended message that the creator had in mind. I want to achieve this as I want my film opening to be interpreted in more ways than just what I have in mind it doesn't just have to be one way.

    I imagine having people see my project and being able to think of it in a different way than I intended is a good thing it means I managed to make a story that can be interpreted in different ways by people with different experiences. So even though I have a specific idea in mind that makes perfect sense to me if someone else comes up with a different idea of what the purpose is than I successfully managed to incorporate active audience theory.

Reference List Entry: Active audience theory. (2024, May 22). In Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_audience_theory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio Post: The final product

      This is it. This is my last post the links below will contaitn my CCRs and my portfolio project. Portfolio Project:  https://drive.goo...