So for my project I need to be able to create the effect of a flashback. Obviously I dont know how to do that yet but this blog I’m going to be going over how other movies use them and how these movies integrate the flashbacks to look natural and not forced.
First lets define what a flashback is. A flashback is "sequence in a film takes the audience back in time to events that have already taken place." -https://filmstro.com/blog/everything-you-need-to-know-about-creating-flashback-sequences/. For a flashback scene I have a few options of techniques I can use. Option one is decrease shutter speed. decreasng the speed to below 180 allows the image to havr a more blurred effect. The next thing I can do is color tint. color tint is where you slightly tint the color of the film to distingush the two time periods. the final technique I could use is Diffused glow. This allows the scene to look more ethereal making it easier to tell that you are seeing a scne from the past rather than current time.
The article I used for research went over some more techniques but those are the 3 that I find the most valuable to my film opening. Final takeaway from my research is making a flashback scene can be easy as long as you get the important techniques down than you can end up making a pretty convincing looking flashback.
Maria. (2021, December 31). Everything you need to know about creating flashback sequences. Filmstro.
https://filmstro.com/blog/everything-you-need-to-know-about-creating-flashback-sequences/
No comments:
Post a Comment